Re: out soon from oracle 10g version 3 aka 11g

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:08:15 -0700

hpuxrac wrote:
> Did anyone else listen to the web event ( New York launch )?
>
> While there are certainly some things potentially useful to me at
> least this sure sounds a lot more like 10.3 instead of 11.1.
>
> While certain people here on cdos noted previously that no version of
> 11g would actually be available on the launch date ( today ) it's now
> official that "at least one platform worth's of 11g" will be available
> "before the end of the quarter".
>
> It still seems a little funny that one would host a launch event
> without actually yet having a product to sell but maybe that's just
> me. Maybe the original plan was to have it available but something
> happened?

And it is an absolute guarantee that those who know won't say. <g>

I originally was told 11g was really 10.3 but the deeper I look into the new features, not just the ones they talked about during the announcement, the more I've come to the exact opposite conclusion. There is stuff in 11g that is substantive.

If I receive permission from the Beta office I will share some of it with the group.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington