Re: out soon from oracle 10g version 3 aka 11g

From: Brian Peasland <>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 15:32:22 -0500

hpuxrac wrote:
> On Jul 11, 4:04 pm, Brian Peasland <> wrote:

>> hpuxrac wrote:
>>> Did anyone else listen to the web event ( New York launch )?
>>> While there are certainly some things potentially useful to me at
>>> least this sure sounds a lot more like 10.3 instead of 11.1.
>>> While certain people here on cdos noted previously that no version of
>>> 11g would actually be available on the launch date ( today ) it's now
>>> official that "at least one platform worth's of 11g" will be available
>>> "before the end of the quarter".
>>> It still seems a little funny that one would host a launch event
>>> without actually yet having a product to sell but maybe that's just
>>> me.  Maybe the original plan was to have it available but something
>>> happened?

> Did you skip reading the above?
>> Anyone know when we'll actually be able to download the product from
>> Technet?

> All that was promised was the linux version would be out "before the
> end of the quarter".
> Perhaps other platforms at the same time ... maybe not?

Of course I read the above. Do you think I am an idiot? I was looking for some better information.....something other than "before the end of this quarter" which could be anytime between today and 2.5 months from now. I was hoping that someone who is "in the know" might be able to give some better answers.

Brian Peasland

Posted via a free Usenet account from