Re: Idiotic RAC installation

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 01:32:12 GMT

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:46:03 -0700, hpuxrac wrote:

> Well you could probably leave your item open as sev 1 for now?

Severity 1 is reserved for "production database down" cases. This problem is irritating but not life threatening. I could, probably, persuade someone like K. Gopalakrishnan to help me out quickly, and being a very nice guy, he would probably do it, but other people may have real emergencies which would deserve his urgent attention. Listener not being addressable by srvctl is a nuisance, not a major issue that would warrant severity 1. It does, however, warrant little rant on this group. After all, everything works, database is up and running.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com