Re: exp and archive available.... recover table

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:14:49 -0700

joel garry wrote:

> Daniel, if you are going to seriously revise things in the Oracle
> documentation, you'll need to do better.
>
> http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14192/intro001.htm#sthref10

I kno well doc well. What's the issue? My statement is:

"The purpose of a backup is to handle issues such as lost or corrupt

 > control files, log files, system datafiles, etc. An export will do
 > none of these: Ever. Nor will an export ever be used to perform a
 > single block restoration on an open database with connected users."

That Oracle, and others, talk about logical backup is correct. But they can not be used to recover and restore.

We are having a bit of heat ... but the humidity is still low. http://www.weather.com/maps/news/forecastsummary/uscurrenttemperatures_large.html And tonight it will, as always, drop down into the low 60s. <g>

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington