Re: Performance Benchmark Tools

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:11:22 -0700

bernard<nospam>bosvark.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm currently working on a benchmark solution for an existing Oracle
> product. Most of the business logic of the product is located in the
> database (90%) using PL/SQL.
>
> Does anyone know or have experience about 3rd party load testing tools
> that can be used to configure and determine benchmark tests for
> bespoke solutions on Oracle databases? LoadRunner is currently used
> and I know about Quest's Benchmark Factory, are there other solutions
> you guys can recommend?
>
> Much appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Bernard

My preference SwingBench which was created by an Oracle employee in the UK, Dominic Giles, and available for free. I don't have the exact URL handy but if you go to www.psoug.org and click on Downloads you'll find it.

I've used it with both the Oracle database and TimesTen and it is now part of the standard RAC class taught by PSOUG.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington