Re: command line vs grid control

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 07:01:36 -0700

On Jul 9, 6:41 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

> >> Given that it isn't your money and it isn't your data ... it belongs to
> >> your employer ... I would bet that if the C-Level management of your
> >> organization understood the difference between:

Perhaps you should move this dicussion to some newsgroup about lawyers.

> >> * The quality of monitoring: Oracle wins
> >> * The fact that their code is tested: Oracle wins

At least oracle isn't putting out any bugs and doing a great job with quality control.

Now if only I could actually get oracle to actually fix some of the bugs I have submitted and have accepted instead of coming up with bypass scenarios. Well of course there's always the "fixed in some future release" part to look forward to.

> > I wouldn't say testing was very good.. too many times have to use some
> > kill -9 to try to stop a job that's been in 'stopping' state for a few
> > hours (mostly backup jobs). It's also as slow as Sun's website,
> > probably b/c both are running Java... well maybe not as slow, but
> > still..

I don't think we are supposed to talk about need to kill or kill -9 oracle software. Shhhh.

> >> * The fact that with their code can call support: Oracle wins
> >> * The fact that the Grid is documented: Oracle wins
> >> * The fact that others can be hired that already know it: Oracle wins

Wow it's a clean sweep. What a surprise that you would say this.

> Oh the shell scripts I could tell you about. <g>
>
> The worst or Oracle's code is a magnitude or more better than the worst
> code I've seen thrown over cubicle walls.

This posturing is not helpful to this dicussion. Must have some good stuff out on the West Coast. Received on Tue Jul 10 2007 - 09:01:36 CDT