Re: command line vs grid control

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 06:16:05 -0700

On Jul 10, 8:41 am, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

> Oh the shell scripts I could tell you about. <g>
>
> The worst or Oracle's code is a magnitude or more better than the worst
> code I've seen thrown over cubicle walls.

Really? Is that the same "better"code that makes Oracle update tables in the wrong schema? Shall I quote the bug number? Which Oracle refused to fix - for years - claiming instead users should upgrade to, first: 10g, then: 10gr2 and now 11g, when it found it was still a bug in all prior releases? And which stops anyone from reliably running two applications in Oracle that may access tables with the same name in different owners? Why do you think NO ONE is his right mind runs two Peoplesoft applications in the same instance?
Yes, there is a "patch". Now. Four years too late.

The same "better" code that causes the optimiser to methodically stuff up running applications in just about EVERY new point release of Oracle, without fail, since 8i? Yeah, of course it's everyone else's "bad" code. Not Oracle's...

Shall I continue? I think you should use the "better code" argument VERY carefuly, in a place like the Usenet where replies are not removed when not convenient... Received on Tue Jul 10 2007 - 08:16:05 CDT