Re: Oracle Wallet

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 19:13:37 -0700

On Jul 9, 7:11 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Jul 9, 8:48 am, zigzag..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
>

> > I am using Oracle 9.2.0.8 on HP UNIX Server. I have Oracle client
> > (9.2.0.5) installed on a Windows 2000 Server . I recently upgraded
> > Oracle 9.2.0.5 to 9.2.0.8 on UNIX servers.
>
> > I have two questions:
> > 1. Wallet on HP UNIX Server was created from oracle UNIX login. I can
> > make SSL connection from oracle login.
> > Sqlplus login/password_at_svc_ssl
> > If I use some other UNIX logins (joe), I get
> > ORA-28786: Decryption of encrypted private key failed
> > When making SSL connection.
> > It appears this error occurs because no other login than the
> > login which was used to create wallet can make SSL connection. How
> > does one add other logins to make SSL connection.
>
> > 2. On Windows Server, I get same error when some service is making SSL
> > connection from Windows local SYSTEM account (not Oracle's System
> > account). I had created Oracle wallet from local SYSTEM account, but
> > after upgrade of server, SSL connection errors from ORA-28786. IT
> > worked before the upgrade.
>
> > If I login on Windows Server as an Administrator, I do not get any
> > error when making SSL connection (beats me, why Oracle is not
> > consistent).
>
> > Thanks a lot.
>
> Don't know much about it, but kinda sounds like you need to do step 5
> inhttp://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14268/asowa...http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14268/asowa...
>
> Or maybe you just messed up the file permissions.
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/24.71.html#subj1- Hide quoted text -

Thanks. I had read the documentaion. It is not a permisison issue. By default Oracle creates wallet files iwth 600 permssions, I alreday made them 644. Somehow, oracle wallet seems to be designed that only the login which creates it can read it, so each login who wants to use it has to create a separate wallet (drives me nuts!!!). Received on Mon Jul 09 2007 - 21:13:37 CDT