Re: Revoke not effective

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:35:53 +0200

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 13:58:19 -0700, kartika.garg_at_gmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>I gave scott select any table priviledge so that it could access 'apt'
>tables. Now I have revoked the priviliedge but still scott can view
>'apt' priviledge. Please can someone let me know what more I have to
>do to stop scott from viewing 'apt' table? I am using 9.2 client and
>server on aix.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Kartika

Likely you still have select privilege on those tables. Select owner, table_name, privilege, grantee from all_tab_privs
where owner='APT'

will show you who has granted the privilege, the so-called grantee.

Note: the select any table privilege can be granted to a role, the DBA role is the most likely candidate.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA