RAC hosed on public ip loss.....

From: oracle_man <oracle_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:57:39 -0700

All,

I'm running a cheapo 2 node RAC + firewire with Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 and RHEL4. It runs fine, but when I tested the effect of pulling public network wire, the node brings down ASM, instance, VIP, and services. Should the VIP just migrate, and the unavailable node keep trying to recover that public IP once it's available again? Recovery is not happening when I re-insert the public IP wire.

Cheers,

Rich Received on Mon Jul 09 2007 - 13:57:39 CDT