Re: exp and archive available.... recover table

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 08:33:39 -0700

On 9 Jul, 15:38, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Please explain how do you plan to recover *all* the data using EXP?
> You don't make an export every 5 seconds, do you?
> So how on earth can you state you can use EXP to 'recover' anything?
> This post is not only nonsense, it is just quite outright dangerous.
> Someone may be following up your advice, and get kicked out because of
> it.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Sadly, this seems to be all too common these days. I have worked with a number of IT professionals who think that recovering a database is the same thing as rebuilding it.

RMAN allows database recovery. An export merely allows a rebuild. Very different things, IMHO.

-g Received on Mon Jul 09 2007 - 10:33:39 CDT