Re: Perspective monitoring method for Linux.

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 15:41:28 GMT

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 13:54:11 +0100, John L wrote:

> Whether you'd want to run systemtap on a production server is another
> question. It does look a very promising technology but the cowards among
> us might prefer to let others get the bugs out.

Oh, of course! You are completely right! I am a coward, too. That is why I tested it on my FC6 box, not in production. As for now, this is a technology used only in the case of emergency. As you might have guessed, there was an emergency that was driving the search for the technology.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com