Re: v$transaction.cr_gets

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 20:04:43 GMT

Jonathan Lewis wrote:
> "Chuck" <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com> wrote in message

>> What exactly does this column represent? The docs simply say 'Consistent
>> gets'. Is it all consistent gets for the transaction? Or is it just gets
>> that required rolling back a change from the undo segment listed in the
>> xidusn column?

> It is all consistent gets made by the
> session since the transaction started.
>
> Other readers might like to ponder the following
> result from a 10.2.0.3 system:
>
> SQL> select log_io, phy_io, cr_get from v$transaction;
>
> LOG_IO PHY_IO CR_GET
>
> The description in the manual for "Log_io" is "Logical I/O".
> So is this all the logical I/O, or just the logical I/O needed
> to make the transactional changes or what ? Notice
> that the logical I/O is much smaller than the "consistent gets".
>
> (By the way, that's a rhetorical question intended to
> highlight why it's perfectly reasonable for someone
> to ask something that might appear to be a completely
> stupid question about something that's "in the manual").

Thank you Jonathan. That's exactly what I was looking for. I found a similar answer over on Metalink after asking the same question in one of the forums. And that is why I came here to ask. It was indeed something that was "in the manual", but the manual in this case did not provide enough useful information. Received on Fri Jul 06 2007 - 15:04:43 CDT