Re: command line vs grid control

From: Bob Jones <email_at_me.not>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 02:51:28 GMT

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1183513968.172917_at_bubbleator.drizzle.com...
> Bob Jones wrote:
>
>> What makes it possible to moitor a database with the scripts on 9.2.0.8
>> and older, and impossible on anything newer than 9.2.0.8?
>
> The same thing that makes it possible for someone to ask this question,
> for a second time, after it has already been thoroughly responded to in
> this usenet group. Check the archives.
>
> Had you read the original responses, and there were several, you would
> understand that your question is unrelated to what I posted.
> --

Your statement was:

"Assuming some version of Oracle more recent than 9.2.0.8 you can not  monitor a database using shell/perl scripts any longer. Anyone that claims otherwise doesn't understand the product."

I saw no explanation to this, nothing remotely close. Received on Thu Jul 05 2007 - 21:51:28 CDT