Re: v$transaction.cr_gets

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 18:38:53 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:
> Chuck wrote:

>> DA Morgan wrote:

>>> Before you jump on Sybrand you might want to spend the 10-15
>>> seconds required to look up the definition of "consistent gets"
>>> in the Oracle docs. It really is self-explanatory and there
>>> really is nothing smug or unhelpful about Sybrand's response.
>>> It is not his, or anyone else's, responsibility to do your
>>> tahiti search for you. You were pointed to the correct answer
>>> and it couldn't be more straight-forward unless English is not
>>> a language with which you are comfortable.
>>
>> I already know what consistent gets are. They are blocks read in
>> consistent mode - which means they may or may not have required
>> reading an undo block to construct a read-consistent view of the data.
>> So once again back to my question - Are the consistent gets referenced
>> in v$transaction all consistent gets for the transaction, or are they
>> just the ones needed to be rolled back from the undo segment also
>> referenced on the same row of v$transaction. The Oracle documentation
>> on this column - which I did read - is extremely lacking.

> Not trying to be obtuse here but everyone is pointing you that direction
> and it is for a good reason. I'm not treating you any differently than I
> would treat one of my students that asked the question.
>
> Go to http://tahiti.oracle.com
> Put in your search criterion: "v$transaction"
> and you find 6 links. Read them all and if you still don't understand
> what you've written then post the specific sentences and links and help
> us understand what you don't get.

They were already posted. In fact it was a direct quote from that exact search you're suggesing I run.

If you don't want to answer the question then don't but please stop trolling. In the mean time I'll take the question somewhere else where folks understand how a consistent get is done (i.e. that it can involve undo segments) and post the answer here for anyone else who may have the same question and stumble on this thread. Received on Thu Jul 05 2007 - 13:38:53 CDT