Re: v$transaction.cr_gets

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:55:35 -0700

Chuck wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:

>> Chuck wrote:
>>> Please reread the question. Your smug answers are not helpful.
>> Before you jump on Sybrand you might want to spend the 10-15
>> seconds required to look up the definition of "consistent gets"
>> in the Oracle docs. It really is self-explanatory and there
>> really is nothing smug or unhelpful about Sybrand's response.
>> It is not his, or anyone else's, responsibility to do your
>> tahiti search for you. You were pointed to the correct answer
>> and it couldn't be more straight-forward unless English is not
>> a language with which you are comfortable.

> I already know what consistent gets are. They are blocks read in
> consistent mode - which means they may or may not have required reading
> an undo block to construct a read-consistent view of the data. So once
> again back to my question - Are the consistent gets referenced in
> v$transaction all consistent gets for the transaction, or are they just
> the ones needed to be rolled back from the undo segment also referenced
> on the same row of v$transaction. The Oracle documentation on this
> column - which I did read - is extremely lacking.

Not trying to be obtuse here but everyone is pointing you that direction and it is for a good reason. I'm not treating you any differently than I would treat one of my students that asked the question.

Go to
Put in your search criterion: "v$transaction" and you find 6 links. Read them all and if you still don't understand what you've written then post the specific sentences and links and help us understand what you don't get.

Daniel A. Morgan
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group