Re: v$transaction.cr_gets

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:55:35 -0700

Chuck wrote:
> DA Morgan wrote:

>> Chuck wrote:

>>> Please reread the question. Your smug answers are not helpful.
>>
>> Before you jump on Sybrand you might want to spend the 10-15
>> seconds required to look up the definition of "consistent gets"
>> in the Oracle docs. It really is self-explanatory and there
>> really is nothing smug or unhelpful about Sybrand's response.
>> It is not his, or anyone else's, responsibility to do your
>> tahiti search for you. You were pointed to the correct answer
>> and it couldn't be more straight-forward unless English is not
>> a language with which you are comfortable.

> I already know what consistent gets are. They are blocks read in
> consistent mode - which means they may or may not have required reading
> an undo block to construct a read-consistent view of the data. So once
> again back to my question - Are the consistent gets referenced in
> v$transaction all consistent gets for the transaction, or are they just
> the ones needed to be rolled back from the undo segment also referenced
> on the same row of v$transaction. The Oracle documentation on this
> column - which I did read - is extremely lacking.

Not trying to be obtuse here but everyone is pointing you that direction and it is for a good reason. I'm not treating you any differently than I would treat one of my students that asked the question.

Go to http://tahiti.oracle.com
Put in your search criterion: "v$transaction" and you find 6 links. Read them all and if you still don't understand what you've written then post the specific sentences and links and help us understand what you don't get.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington