Corrupt System table

From: Paul <paulwragg2323_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 03:51:56 -0700

Hi,

We had some corrupt blocks in some of our data files. I have managed to sort these out. However, I used DBV to check all data files that were on the same disk and it came back with 1 corrupt page in the SYSTEM table space.

The segment is called IDL_UB2$

The DB concerned is a test DB with customer databases, therefore we do not back up the database. I could just export all the user data, recreate the instance and re-import, but if I can avoid this I would like to.

I have looked in metalink but I cannot really find out what this table is, or what it is used for.
Can anybody explain it to me, and tell me whether I can just use a script to rebuild the table?

Thanks in advance!

Paul Received on Thu Jul 05 2007 - 05:51:56 CDT