Re: Backup flashback logs to tape

From: Ganesh <ganesh.tambat_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 09:52:07 -0000

I am very sorry my thread started all this mud sledging. I have started working on ORACLE just a couple of months ago. No document provided answers to my questions and hence I posted them here. If someone claims any document has answerws to these questions, please provide me the link.

But the positives I have got from my investigation and this discussion:

  1. Flashback logs are more of a nice to have feature and its okay if we don't back them up as they are not required for recovery.
  2. There is no command / workaround ORACLE provides for backing up Flashback logs to TAPE.
  3. Given this if you still want to backup Flashback Logs its going to be a very tricky operation. You will have to find a way to backup Flashback log files, make sure that corresponding archive log also gets backed up and during restore all succeeding Flashback logs and Recovery logs should be brought from TAPE to Disk.

Given my business need I will have to find some solution for this. Will definitely post my approach here if I succeed.

It would have helped me a lot if someone would have just told me all the above things in simple language or at least provided me a link where I can get this info, if any such link is available.

Thanks & Regards,
Ganesh Received on Thu Jul 05 2007 - 04:52:07 CDT