Making new instance in Oracle 10g release 2

From: Malone <davor.bokorni_at_zg.t-com.hr>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 22:57:31 +0100

OK..here it goes.

Few post's below I was asking for your help to find out is my or isnt instance unicode. I found out that the instance isnt unicode.

I connected with sqlplus and enterd next command:

select * from nls_database_parameters

..and I searched for results of NLS_CHARACTERSET and NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET and results are:

NLS_CHARACTERSET WE8ISO8859P1
NLS_NCHAR_CHARACTERSET AL16UTF16 Instance isn't unicode, am I right ?

So, I was wondering how to make a new unicode instance ?

And yeah, forgot to say. Im running Oracle 10g release 2 on centOS 4.

Thanks in advance,

Malone Received on Wed Jul 04 2007 - 16:57:31 CDT