Re: cpu load on new filesystem

From: Michael Pye <michael_at_ulimit.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 15:44:06 +0100

DA Morgan wrote:
> SQL> shutdown immediate;
>
> What's the CPU load?
>
> And yes the block sizes could be part of the issue. Why 1K?

cpu load drops to 0 when the database is not running. When it is running it averages about 5/6 but sometimes going up to 20, when previously it would average 2/3 and maybe sometimes go to 7/8 under heavy load.

The default vxfs block size is 1k and we didn't change it from default when we made this filesystem. We've only since discovered that the default is not the same as ufs, 8k.

--
Michael