Re: Please help !

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 04:11:28 -0700

On 4 Jul, 12:53, "Malone" <davor.boko..._at_zg.t-com.hr> wrote:
> Thanks ! ;)
>
> Can you please tell me one more thing...how can i access Oracle Enterprise
> Manager...? I followed these steps but no luck... :(
>
> Accessing the Database with SQL*Plus
>
> Log into Linux as oracle. Set the environment.
>
> Set the Oracle environment variables:
>
> $ . oraenvORACLE_SID = [oracle] ? demo1Run SQL*Plus:
>
> $ sqlplusSQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production on Sun Nov 27 15:40:29
> 2005Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.Enter user-name:
> / as sysdbaConnected to:Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release
> 10.2.0.1.0 - ProductionWith the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining
> optionsSQL>Using Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g Database Control
>
> In a Web browser, connect to the URL provided during the installation.
>
> Ex:http://ds1.orademo.org:1158/em(You may have to use the IP address instead
> of the host name if your database server isn't in your DNS.)
>
> User Name: SYS
> Password: <The password you chose during installation>
> Connect As: SYSDBA
>
> Click on <Login>

Malone,

One thing: the convention in this newsgroup is to type your reply to a post below the text that you are replying to. Most people like to see the original message at the top of the post followed by the reply beneath it. Stick to this convention and you will generally make few enemies around here :-)

Anyway, what do you mean when you say "no luck"? Are you getting an Oracle error message? If so, Copy & Paste it here for the group to see. Then someone may be able to help you further.

Hope this helps,

-g Received on Wed Jul 04 2007 - 06:11:28 CDT