Re: Please help !

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 03:26:42 -0700

On 4 Jul, 11:51, "Malone" <davor.boko..._at_zg.t-com.hr> wrote:
> First of all, compliments to the group ! ;)
>
> Well, about my problem..I installed Oracle 10g release 2 on centOS and i'm
> searching one information. How can I check is my instance unicode ?
>
> Please explain me like you are explaining 12 year old kid because I'm new to
> this stuff ! :))
>
> Thanks !

Hi Malone,

One idea that springs to mind is to issue the following statements in a SQL*Plus session:

SYSTEM_at_db1> alter database backup controlfile to trace;

Database altered.

SYSTEM_at_inetprd1> show parameter user_dump_dest

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ -----------
------------------------------
user_dump_dest                       string      C:\ORACLE\PRODUCT
\10.2.0\ADMIN
                                                 \DB1\UDUMP
SYSTEM_at_db1>

Now, check in the directory that USER_DUMP_DEST points to for the most recently produced trace file. In it, you'll find the SQL required to create a new control file. It will look something like this:

CREATE CONTROLFILE REUSE DATABASE "DB1" NORESETLOGS ARCHIVELOG     MAXLOGFILES 16
    MAXLOGMEMBERS 4
    MAXDATAFILES 100
    MAXINSTANCES 8
    MAXLOGHISTORY 292
LOGFILE

  GROUP 1 'D:\ORADATA\DB1\REDO01.LOG'  SIZE 50M,
  GROUP 2 'D:\ORADATA\DB1\REDO02.LOG'  SIZE 50M,
  GROUP 3 'D:\ORADATA\DB1\REDO03.LOG'  SIZE 50M
-- STANDBY LOGFILE
DATAFILE
  'D:\ORADATA\DB1\SYSTEM01.DBF',
  'D:\ORADATA\DB1\UNDOTBS01.DBF',
  'D:\ORADATA\DB1\SYSAUX01.DBF',
  'D:\ORADATA\DB1\USERS01.DBF'

CHARACTER SET WE8MSWIN1252
;

As you can see, the CHARACTER SET is mentioned on the last line.

HTH -g Received on Wed Jul 04 2007 - 05:26:42 CDT