Rman Backup-Files

From: Björn Wächter <bwc_at_p3-solutionsKILL_SPAM.de>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 10:56:38 +0200

Hi all,

I'm using Enterprise Manager to backup my 10g Oracle DB on Linux. Once a week there is a Full Backup with the options:

Use as the base of an incremental backup strategy = checked, Backup Mode = Online Backup,
Also back up all archived logs on disk = checked, Delete all archived logs from disk after they are successfully backed up = checked,
Delete obsolete backups = checked.

Backup folder is /opt/oracle/flash_recovery_area

Each day there is an incremental backup with the following settings:

Incremental Backup (Level 1) = checked
Refresh the latest datafile copy on disk to the current time using the incremental backup = unchecked

Everything is running well but I have the problem: I don't know which files I have to copy to my backup server to restore the database in the cases of a crash.

In my restore tests it sometimes it looks like I also need to backup the archive log files written during the backup process. Is this true?
Is there a easy way to figure out which archive log files are also needed?

Thanks Björn Received on Wed Jul 04 2007 - 03:56:38 CDT