Re: Ora 3113 - Windows Authentication Services? - trace files

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_REMOVEedbgruppenTHIS.dk>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:25:12 +0200

> Server trace has
> nsgetclientaddress: entry
> nserror: nsres: id=0, op=76, ns=12534, ns2=12560; nt[0]=504, nt[1]=0,
> nt[2]=0; ora[0]=0, ora[1]=0, ora[2]=0
> nszgclient: entry
>
> ORA-12534: TNS:operation not supported Cause: An internal function
> received a request to perform an operation that is not supported (on
> this machine).
> I dont know what this means
>
> Sorry I havent had MetaLink access for years.
> TIA
> Peter Laursen

This means that the server couldn't determine client address. Looks like network issue. Maybe some network reconfiguration took place over the weekend? Also, if the client software uses JDBC Thin driver, it needs to be updated to at least 9.2.0.5 or later (yes, 9.2 series later than 9.2.0.4 work fine with 8.1.7.4 servers and even fix some serious issues in 8.1.7 series.)

Hth,

   Vladimir M. Zakharychev
   N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)    http://www.dynamicpsp.com

Thanks,

The server side trace was made from the database server, logged in at the console. Might have been from within svrmgrl using connect user_at_alias. What could cause the server not beeing able to retrieve client address? Customer does not report any other TCP/IP or networking issues. Anyway will forward to networking people :)
sqlnet.ora has SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS) and REMOTE_OS_AUTHENT=TRUE is in parameterfile.

TIA
Peter Laursen Received on Tue Jul 03 2007 - 11:25:12 CDT