I cant understand the DATE values stored in V$SQL_BIND_CAPTURE table (Oracle 10.1.0.4 and up)!

From: <yoav.oracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:03:36 -0000

I am trying to read the values stored in V$SQL_BIND_CAPTURE. For string and numeric values, everything is OK but when I look into DATE values I get confused. Here is the query I am running:

SELECT VALUE_STRING FROM V$SQL_BIND_CAPTURE WHERE DATATYPE_STRING='DATE'; It seems that no matter what the default date format is or what the NLS_LANG is,
  the values are stored in MM/DD/YY HH24:MI:SS format.

I couldn't find any documentation for this. I am looking for 2 answers:

1.In case you have a non-English instance (from SQL*PLUS write "show parameter nls_lang"

   and verify it is not AMERICAN), do you get the same format for DATEs stroed in

   $SQL_BIND_CAPTURE?
2. Do you know what the Oracle expected behavior is?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Yoav Received on Tue Jul 03 2007 - 07:03:36 CDT