Re: Career questions: databases

From: dreamznatcher <tashfeenmahmud_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 02:15:32 -0700

On Jul 3, 6:38 am, "Bruce C. Baker" <b..._at_undisclosedlocation.net> wrote:

> Sorry, old boy, but actually it's "Wherever the white man has /departed/,
> everything is in ruins."

You could say that, but you have to be someplace for a while to depart from it.

>Seems that while the natives are capable of
> enjoying the fruits of civilization, they aren't quite capable of
> maintaining it. Pity, really.

Seemingly, many "natives" of the western world don't quite realize they reached the "civilized" status about a few thousand years after the natives of Asia, Africa and South America. And that the bulk of "fruits of civilization" of a few thousands of years might actually far outweigh a few centuries of discoveries and fantastic inventions. Please check out a few good history books at a standard library close to you.

>> I wouldn't have responded to the OP's post at
>> all had he not dissed /my/ tribe. It's a little disingenuous to bash the
>> "white man" while simultaneously enjoying the benefits of western European
>> medicine, technology, political traditions, etc.!

Since you're mentioning the benefits of western European inventions and ideas, read above, and once again, check out a good library. Points to ponder: Jesus Christ was not white and actually Asian. Even today children from the Indian subcontinent are taught to count with their fingers differently than most parts of the world; but that's only because they discovered the decimal system, not to mention matrix algebra and the concept of zero in mathematics.

You've truly made this an East vs West issue here. If you *had* read my post as a whole, you'd have realized I wasn't attempting to belittle western civilization or even the white man. I've already mentioned this in my previous post, so I'm not going to waste more words on this.

End note(s): a. I can't help it if you intend to jump to conclusions without even bothering to comprehend what I actually wrote. b. It's not nice to project anyone's native civilization or race in an inferior fashion, nor is it proper. c. These kind of discussions shouldn't be taken further for sake of relevance in c.d.o.s. or just about any technical group. d. You might want to check out previous posts of a user in case the issue has been covered and before you decide to make a fuss about it. Received on Tue Jul 03 2007 - 04:15:32 CDT