Re: Backup flashback logs to tape

From: Ganesh <ganesh.tambat_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 07:32:28 -0000

> Ever heard of Database Point in Time Recovery and Tablespace Point in
> Time Recovery? What is being used during DBPITR and TSPITR?
> EXACTLY ! REDO LOGS!

> If flashback redo logs are identical to redo logs, what would be the
> difference?
> You can't admit you don't understand backup and recovery, can you?
>

> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Dude .. why you always have to be so rude, sarcastic, tempestuous ? Are you through bad childhood or something like that ?

People have confusion about terms / concepts and they don't know certain things thats why they post their questions here. You know some things that doesn't give you right to be rude.

If you think a question is stupid, silly you have option to remain silent.

By posting your irrelevant, arrogant answers you are ruining the whole purpose of this newsgroup. Because of the mud sledging you started whole discussion got diverted from the main topic. I haven't really got what I wanted and I guess now everyone has many questions.

Please think about it, if you can.

Regards,
Ganesh Tambat Received on Tue Jul 03 2007 - 02:32:28 CDT