Re: Backup flashback logs to tape

From: Ganesh <ganesh.tambat_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 05:03:27 -0000

Guys,

Thank you for your replies.

It seems its not possible to backup the flashback logs using RMAN commands.

ORACLE doesn't provide facility to backup flashback logs so there is no need to do that is not a very logical argument.

For extremely important information it is always good to have backups on TAPE. Also if you have backups on TAPE then you can always flashback to time beyond your retention period.

For me these are extremely important advantages.

I will keep on investigating and will post my findings.

Thanks again !

Ganesh Tambat Received on Tue Jul 03 2007 - 00:03:27 CDT