Re: Career questions: databases

From: '69 Camaro <ForwardZERO_SPAM.To.69Camaro_at_Spameater.orgZERO_SPAM>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 02:36:48 GMT

"> One, we're not living in Shakespeare's day anymore, so get over it.

I never wrote any such thing. I mentioned it to point out that it's not a new development in the usage of the word, so it shouldn't surprise you that someone is using it.

> And two, Brits don't know nothing. If they did, then they wouldn't have
> lost their world empire,

Empires don't last forever. Just ask the Romans. And how many empires, pray tell, have you built, compared to the British, and how many continents did they span, and for how many hundreds of years?

> and wouldn't have needed us to bail them out in WWII.

Who's "us"? You carried an M-1 Garand in World War II, right beside my Dad, huh? And by the way, Gunny is short for Gunnery Sergeant, United States Marine Corps, so I'll let you guess my citizenship.

> So, since, if it weren't for us, you'd be speaking German anyway,

There you go with that "us" again. I _do_ speak German, and I doubt you ever lifted a finger to keep anyone from teaching me or anyone else, for that matter. And when our founding fathers were deciding the official language of the new United States of America, German lost by only one vote, so it's not the big deal you may think it is.

> I suggest you learn proper American English,

I have a better command of American English than most people do because I went to school to get an education and the diplomas, instead of just the diplomas. That may also be because I was lucky enough to be born a stone's throw from San Francisco, where everyone spoke American English, and the majority of them had a college education. I had plenty of good examples to learn from.

HTH.
Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials. Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact info. Received on Mon Jul 02 2007 - 21:36:48 CDT