Re: Backup flashback logs to tape

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 17:12:48 -0700

On Jul 2, 7:20 am, Ganesh <ganesh.tam..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to know if there is any way I can backup my flashback
> logs to tape.
>
> I want to do this to provide additional level of backup and I have a
> business need where I need to preserve older copies of Flashback logs.
>
> According to all the documents I have referred, there is no RMAN
> command available that would do this for me.
>
> Kindly let me know if anyone has tried this sort of operation.
>
> Thanks & Regards,
> Ganesh

I think what you and zigzag are missing here is that flashback is just a shortcut to recovery, at the expense of potentially a lot of disk space. If you just use RMAN commands to do the regular recovery to a point in time you get what you want. Right?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
'I'm reminded of the "Mr. Bill" character that was once featured on