Re: Career questions: databases

From: dreamznatcher <tashfeenmahmud_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 15:02:16 -0700

On Jul 3, 12:25 am, "David Cressey" <cresse..._at_verizon.net> wrote:

> I think his advice is dead wrong, by the way. Most HR departments are NOT
> staffed by IT professionals. Their evaluation of resumes is more likely to
> be driven by whether the resume meets ALL the minimum criteria established
> for the job. If the job calls for XYZ proficiency, and the resume doesn't
> say XYZ proficiency, it gets pitched. As to whether the candidate's
> proficiency rises to the level expected for the job, that doesn't happen
> until later in the selection process.

Yeah, I agree. For your info, he even thinks I don't have a job or can't get one. He's probably going to post next that I'm begging him to buy me a house and clothes, and have asked him last Sunday to donate his liver to me because I currently don't have one. Received on Mon Jul 02 2007 - 17:02:16 CDT