changing archive_log_dest

From: dharm <dharmnagra_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 11:25:14 -0700

running oracle8i on windows 2003

SQL> ARCHIVE LOG LIST

Database log mode              Archive Mode
Automatic archival             Enabled
Archive destination            I:\Oracle\oradata\pacs\archive
Oldest online log sequence     23289
Next log sequence to archive   23292
Current log sequence           23292

in my init.ora,

log_archive_dest = I:\oracle\backup\archive log_archive_duplex_dest = I:\Oracle\oradata\pacs\archive

I want to move my log_archive_dest to Z:\oracle\backup\archive

I know I can make an init.ora change, but I cannot schedule some downtime for a little while.
how can I make this change permanently on the fly (already assuming I have to use scope=pfile or both).

remembering that this is oracle8i, is it possible/how to do this with zero downtime. remembering that I want a permanent change.

thanks Received on Mon Jul 02 2007 - 13:25:14 CDT