Re: 2GB limit of memory for Oracle on WIndows 32 bit

From: <zigzagdna_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2007 17:07:49 -0700

On Jul 1, 7:23 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:53:09 -0700, zigzag..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> >Also, using WIDNOWS'S AWE one can go beyound 4GB. That was my original
> >question which you have
> >no undesratnding.
>
> I'm not sure why you insist I don't understand the problem.
> Actually it is *YOU* and *YOU ALONE*, who fails to understand it is
> PURE MADNESS to run 5 databases on a single server and to crank up the
> memory to 3 Gb for each of them, when there is ONLY 8 Gb physical
> memory available.
> You don't understand the virtual memory concept, and you really want
> to apply the VOODOO concept of tuning to the server.
>
> That shows you don't have ANY UNDERSTANDING OF VITAL IT CONCEPTS.
> It also shows you DON'T DESERVE the name DBA, and you should be SHOWED
> TO THE DOOR FIRST THING TOMORROW.
>
> CRANK UP THAT MEMORY, AND NOTICE IT DOESN'T HELP, AT ALL.
> I WILL GLADLY EXPLAIN TO YOUR BOSS WHY, AND RECOMMEND HE KICKS YOU
> OuT.
> YOU DON'T DESERVE ANY BETTER, YOU ARE BOTH INCOMPETENT AND ARROGANT
> AND AN IDIOT.
>
> --

You describe yourself very well:
"YOU DON'T DESERVE ANY BETTER, YOU ARE BOTH INCOMPETENT AND ARROGANT  AND AN IDIOT.: Over and over again you show your arrogance and igonrarnce. It is never too late to learn from others because you clearly have no undersatdning of keep and recycle pools. What a shame. Received on Sun Jul 01 2007 - 19:07:49 CDT