Re: Need Scheduling Support for Databases?

From: HansF <fuzzy.greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 16:44:26 -0700

If you are looking for a specification, then I'd suggest you download Oracle10g Database Release 2 and look at the built in (and free) DBMS_SCHEDULER package. DBMS_SCHEDULER in 10gR2 is, IMO, about 80% of the way to a decent job schedule system. I have no problem at all using that as a replacement to cron and task manager.

The big challenge with Oracle's implementation is simple - as usual Oracle's UI leaves considerable room for improvement. But the base functionality is pretty decent.

/Hans Received on Sat Jun 30 2007 - 18:44:26 CDT