Re: SELECT / UNION Giving Different Results

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 07:27:57 -0700

Dereck L. Dietz wrote:
> We've had a very strange (and possibly troubling) event happen.

I've read Mark and Vladimir's responses to you and agree with them but I'd like to pile on.

In addition to version ... Where's your SQL statement? We are in no position to evaluate what you are doing without seeing DDL and DML.

Before you repost try this:

Insert into each table one record that you know will connect to the other 19 using your query but not to any other existing record. Test your query then.

If you are still having problems post a test case with version, explain plan created using dbms_xplan, and a complete copy of the actual SQL.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington