C++ Prefered library question

From: Tom Depke <depkefamily_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 14:05:13 -0000

Hi,

What is the prefered Oracle API when using C++ from multiple platforms (Windows VS 2003 /Linux g++). From the volume of traffic on OCCI it looks like that may not be used near as much as OCI, right? And since OCI is C(I think) it should be much more portable. There seems to be little documentation of OCCI regarding different platforms. I like the OCCI JDBC resemblence but that simplicity may be what is causing me problems with some existing code. The Oracle forum on OCCI seems to have plenty of unanswered issues. How does one get support on OCCI?

Thanks for any thoughts or experiences,
Tom Received on Sat Jun 30 2007 - 09:05:13 CDT