ORA-01115 IO errors

From: Gerald Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 11:42:46 GMT

Somewhat strange ORA-01115 IO errors appearing in client software logs, not alert.log though?
Metalink indicates hardware problems and implies that indeed these messages may not appear in the alert.log.

Anyway one of the messages in the chain contains:

"IBM AIX RISC System/6000 Error:1: Not onwer"

I have not been able to find an explaination of "Error:1" via metalink, google, or altavista, and cannot find
an appropriate IBM reference (I believe the box is a P55 or P550 running AIX5L 5.3). You might ask if I have checked the ownership of the file (which is file 10 by the way) and I assure you it is
properly owned by oracle:dba and always has been. The error is intermittent.

I have the SAN guys looking through their logs, but my real question is does that IBM error 1 indicate what
I think it does and somehow ownership of file 10 is at times in flux for whatever reason? Received on Sat Jun 30 2007 - 06:42:46 CDT