Re: Oracle on NetApp 3020

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:58:52 -0700

NetComrade wrote:
> Does anyone have good performance on this device via NFS?
>
> We never ran Oracle on NFS, but we could not push this device (oracle
> on fully populated disk shelve) further than 30megs per second.. On
> non-jumbo VLAN it seems to perform better.. NetApp support was fairly
> useless so far.
>
> -Andrey
> We run Oracle 9iR2,10gR1/2 on RH4/RH3 and Solaris 10 (Sparc)
> remove NSPAM to email

Run it routinely. So lets explore the basics?

  1. GigE? Multipathed?
  2. Are your switches zoned? ... (please don't say no).
  3. Have you tuned your network?
  4. What's in FSTAB?
  5. How many LUNs? ... (please don't say 1).
  6. Have you contacted NetApp's tech support people? They are very knowledgeable about Oracle and Oracle-related issues.

 From what you've posted no much help can be offered.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington