Re: any guess or real information on who is performing at openworld 2007 cust app?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:25:46 -0700

On Jun 29, 2:41 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Jun 28, 4:26 pm, hpuxrac <johnbhur..._at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > The last 2 years have been Counting Crows ( excellent or even
> > better! ) and then last year Elton John ( just not my favorite choice
> > no slight intended ).
>
> > It's been an excellent year financially for oracle and I am guessing
> > that the main performer(s) will be something quite spectacular.
>
> > I wouldn't be surprised to see Paul McCartney I mean who else after
> > Elton John and he does have a new album just out. Personally I would
> > prefer the Rolling Stones or U2 or Arrowsmith.
>
> > The information isn't out yet who will be performing.
>
> > Any other good guesses, relevant information, or some confidential
> > leaks from oracle employees?
>
> A few days ago, Paul McCartney was seen driving himself, Ringo, and
> George Harrison's widow to a record store promotion - in a red
> Chrysler Pacifica provided by a local Chrysler dealer. He didn't make
> the turn into the parking lot, so a fan went out on Santa Monica Blvd.
> and stopped traffic, so he could back up and try again. That new
> album... yaaaaawwwwn.
>
> Need I even make a Windows 95 launch joke? It makes a dead man do
> what?
>
> The Cure's going to be touring again...

The Cure would be just phenomenal. I have a couple of good stories about Cure concerts including the Wish Tour ...

Not saying I highly favor Paul McCartney as the headliner but just that I wouldn't be surprised. Not planning on buying or listening to his new album no offense intended.

The best Rolling Stones concert I attended have Living Color open up for them. Both acts were on but I thought Living Color stole the show that night. I got nothing against the Stones.

Now Aerosmith that would be great but not real likely.

I would guess they are still working on a commitment from more than one band currently and it will eventually become clear who they were able to get signed to a contract. Now negotiating the band's for Open World ... that would be a good oracle job eh? Received on Fri Jun 29 2007 - 14:25:46 CDT