Re: How to restore FRA backup from tape ?

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 05:04:20 -0700

On Jun 29, 1:42 pm, Ganesh <ganesh.tam..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> You are commenting without understanding the question. I have already
> gone through these documents.
>
> My simple question is: Is there any RMAN command I can use to restore
> the *FRA backup* stored on Tape.
>
> I cant find any way other than using OS commands to copy the backup
> files from tape to disk.
>
> Do not post reply if you don't know the answer / haven't understood
> the question. It will save everyones time.
>
> ~ Ganesh

Please don't misuse this forum as a replacement for not reading manuals. It will save everyones time.
Why on earth would you need to restore files to disk you backed up to tape in the first place?
Why backing up files to a medium which you don't want to use as a medium to restore from?
What is the business case for this drivel?

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA