Re: How to restore FRA backup from tape ?

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 03:44:02 -0700

On Jun 29, 10:40 am, Ganesh <ganesh.tam..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using 10g. I am trying to understand Flashback logging feature
> and how to backup the FRA to tape and restore from tape to disk.
>
> I can backup entire FRA to tape using "BACKUP RECOVERY AREA" but I am
> not sure how can I restore the FRA. I could not find any RMAN command
> for this.
>
> Is OS commands the only way to restore FRA backup from tape ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Ganesh Tambat

Please refer to
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14192/rpfbdb003.htm#sthref511

Flashback logs appear not to be included in a backup recovery area. The assertion you make above consequently is incorrect. Please note flashback != redo
You can't restore flashback logs, because you only need redo logs to recover a database.

Please read the manuals instead of posting your questions to every Oracle forum you can spell.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA