Re: 2GB limit of memory for Oracle on WIndows 32 bit

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:54:20 -0500

> Why is it that nowadays IT personell doesn't have a clue about the
> underlying technology?

You can blame that on the colleges/universities/tech schools. It seems like all of the above are trying to teach the latest and greatest technologies without teaching the fundamental building blocks. And I think this shows in many recent graduates (not all of them though).

Not too many years ago, I taught a Data Structures class at a local college. The prerequisite was Programming I and Programming II. To a person...each student informed me that they did not know how to write a program from scratch. Their instructor had always provided them a partial program and they just filled in the blanks. This floored me and

   I knew it was time to get out of the teaching business (no offense Daniel).

Just my 2 cents...
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net