Re: grant in trigger

From: <phil_herring_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:44:27 -0700

It sounds to me like you're in database Hell and deserve sympathy, rather that censure, so I'm not going to give you a hard time.

As you've been told, you can't do this in a trigger.

If you must do this, you can change the trigger to insert the SQL for the grant into a table, the run a regular job (every minute, or however frequently is needed) that selects SQL from the table and executes it. If the delay that creates isn't acceptable, then you're looking at a more complex solution.

Best of luck!