Re: IMP-00009: abnormal end of export file

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:13:55 -0700

On Jun 28, 12:54 pm, dpmartin..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> I've been writing scripts to create necessary user and tablespace and
> import from a .dmp file from a previously-created export and testing
> it repeatedly on the same .dmp file. All of a sudden I started to get
> the above message, and the size of the .dmp file was notably smaller.
> A co-worker thought he noticed the same thing when doing repeated
> imports on a different file a while back too. Is it possible that
> running repeated imports from the same file could conceivably corrupt
> it? This would be bad.

There's a couple of things it could be, but it would help if you would say things like the platform, oracle version, whether you are using longs, compressed tables, clustered tables, direct, ftp, nearly full disks, exact error messages, exact commands etc.

It could be something as simple as two sessions using the same file.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Slight concussion and sprained ankle:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL_Zcnwy1Ts