Re: I just want to run a stored procedure...

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:35:49 -0700

On Jun 28, 11:24 am, codefragm..._at_googlemail.com wrote:
> Hi
> I have a stored procedure that I want to run.The shell of it is
> included at the bottom of this
> post. I try running the below in sqlplusw and get the following
> result.
> Can you just run stored procedures in oracle in the same manner you
> can in query analyser
> in MS Sql?
>
> thanks
>
> > exec CODE0 (1,1)
> BEGIN CODE0; END;
>
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
> PLS-00201: identifier 'CODE0' must be declared
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
> PL/SQL: Statement ignored
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE "CODE0" AS
> TYPE CUR IS REF CURSOR;
> PROCEDURE CODE0 (pCUR1 OUT CUR,
> pARG1 IN NUMBER,
> pARG2 IN NUMBER);
> END CODE0;
> GO
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY "CODE0" AS
> PROCEDURE CODE0 (pCUR1 OUT CUR,
> pARG1 IN NUMBER,
> pARG2 IN NUMBER) IS
> BEGIN
> DECLARE
> pLocal1 NUMBER(2);
> BEGIN
> pLocal2 := ISVISIBILITYENABLED();
>
> OPEN pCUR1 FOR

> END;
> END CODE0;
> END CODE0;
> GO

You can't run a package, only the procedures and functions within it:

exec code0.code0(1,1)

And you can't run a procedure or function declared in a package without using the package name. Unfortunately you've named your package the same as your procedure; not the best practice to maintain.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Jun 28 2007 - 11:35:49 CDT