Re: Oracle 10g - username and password, Scott/Tiger LOCKED

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 05:47:56 -0700

On Jun 27, 9:07 am, ddog <wgblack..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 27, 7:13 am, EdStevens <quetico_..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Thanks for the replies! I tried sqlplus username=sysdba
> > > What is the password for sysdba? I tried the password that I entered
> > > during the initial installation and it doesn't work.
>
> > > Thanks again....
>
> > Well, the syntax is NOT "sqlplus username=sysdba". It is as previous
> > posters already said ... "sqlplus / as sysdba"
> > If you are logged on to the server with an account that is a member of
> > the dba group (I believe on windows it is "ora_dba") this will connect
> > you with all power.
>
> I know that's not the syntax. This is ridiculous.

Sorry. It wasn't at all obvious from your post that you knew that. And we have seen posters here who insist on trying to use syntax they feel *should* be correct instead of what *is* correct.

>I think I'll have
> better luck with
> MS SQL Server. Of course Oracle doesn't have an uninstall
> program..........

I guess you didn't find the 'uninstall' button on the Oracle Universal Installer.

> it's a miracle anyone uses it.

Why? Because you actually have to learn something about it, instead of just popping in a CD and start clicking?