Re: Oracle 10g R2 RHEL 5 When?

From: Jack <jrscrns_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:25:22 -0700

I convert Sybase applications to Oracle and I convert Oracle applications to Sybase depending on what the client wants. It is not that great of a problem. The DDLs are quite similar except that I have to do some emulation for certain datatypes. The hard part is conversion of functions, stored procedures and packages which I usually have to rewrite. The application in question will take me a little over a week to modify which is a lot less time than waiting a few months or whatever for Oracle to come up with a certified release. The customer wanted it a couple weeks ago and he wanted it on a Linux box! The right way, the wrong way and the customer way. Received on Wed Jun 27 2007 - 13:25:22 CDT