Apps 11i / RHAS4 install woes

From: jared <jared_at_hwai.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:21:40 -0700

I am trying to do a simple, single-tier install of Ebiz 11.5.10.2 on RH AS4 (it was going to be a multi-tier install, but I just want to get the app in, now).

I cannot get past the http post-install test using rapidwiz (that is where the app tries to connect to <servername>:8000 to see if it gets a login form). What happens is I get an http-403 error instead. I tried ensuring the broswer's cache was flushed (another Apps DBA thought the jsp's needed to be recompiled), but no dice - same problem recurred.

Oracle support has been unable, in seven business days of trying, to solve the problem. My CTO was optimistic enough last week to commit to a delivery date of June 30. Any suggestions people can offer would be welcomed.

I have reviewed the Metalink docs and made sure RH has all the rpm's it needs. Autoconfig runs just fine, with Apache et al starting up per the log. I am thinking I should just wipe it out and start again, but there's no guarantee the same problem won't recur. At this point I am looking for a troubleshooting methodology as much as anything else. Maybe there's a docid I missed, though I think I've read a couple of dozen in the last week.

I have installed this on HP-UX, Windows, even Solaris with nowhere near the hassle this installation is giving me. I hope someone experienced in running 11i on RH AS4 can provide some pointers.

TIA - jh Received on Wed Jun 27 2007 - 13:21:40 CDT