Re: Oracle 10g R2 RHEL 5 When?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:05:43 -0700

On Jun 27, 1:53 pm, Jack <jrsc..._at_comcast.net> wrote:
> num me vexo?
>
> This thread has been interesting, but I got applications waiting for
> servers. I can not wait any longer. I have installed Sybase ASE 15
> yesterday on the Linux box (no problems). Maybe I will order a Sun
> Sparc box with Solaris 10 for the Oracle server. Perhaps I will try
> again if there is an application needing a server and after Oracle
> makes the next release for 10g that is certified for RHEL 5, whenever
> that is.
>
> Thanks all for the insights.

You have applications that "don't care" if they are going to connect either into an oracle database or a sybase ase 15 ( whatever that it )?

You absolutely positively have to use RHEL 5 and cannot use apparently RHEL 4.2? You "will try again if there is an application needing a server" in the future?

Something just doesn't sound right here to me. What the heck kind of applications are you talking about exactly? 10.2.0.3 is available right now for aix and hpux systems. Received on Wed Jun 27 2007 - 13:05:43 CDT