Re: ORA-01194

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:50:06 -0700

On Jun 27, 12:21 pm, markg22..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> SunOS 5.8
> ORACLE 8.1.7
>
> We have a test database that we created from an OS copy of our
> production database. The copy is not perfect, but for what we need
> to test, it is sufficient.
> When starting the database, we get:
>
> SQL> alter database open resetlogs;
> alter database open resetlogs
> *
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-01194: file 1 needs more recovery to be consistent
> ORA-01110: data file 1: '/u02/oradata...'
>
> Is there a way to force the database open ?
> Again, for our purposes, even if the data is inconsistent, we can
> still
> test our application.
>
> Thank you.

You have an inconsistent datafile somewhere in this database, and it's newer than the SYSTEM tablespace. Thus you need to ensure you have either

a consistent, cold backup of your source

or

all of the archivelogs from the time the backup you ran to create your copy started.

You DID create this from a valid backup?

With the archivelogs you can recover to a consistent point; without them you have no other choice but to take a cold backup of the source and use it to create your copy.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Jun 27 2007 - 12:50:06 CDT